Welcome to My Game

This is my game of "Bigger and Better".

Inspired from the book "One Red Paperclip" I started trading from a pair of children's sunglasses and seeing how far I can get.

Read below for the story so far...

I now have a brand new ladies Rotary watch which is worth about £185.

If you have any offers or comments about my "game" then please feel free to send me an email to biggerandbetteriow@gmail.com or d-a-v-i-d@hotmail.co.uk

Tuesday 2 August 2011

The Encyclopaedia of Tractors and Farm Machinery

This is going to be my 3rd post in a number of hours but I am going to take you right up to date...

I came home that night with my amazing swap. I had the Encyclopaedia of Tractors and Farm Machinery! I put it down in my room for the night and went to bed. In truth I forgot about it the next day and was reminded by Ian to post the advert on Wightbay again.So today I added the advert to Wightbay, along with a description of what I was doing... after a couple of hours I had very little views on my advert so I had to think of a new way of advertising. And then I saw the perfect opportunity, Facebook.

I had recently seen a "Wightbay" for Facebook so I joined the group and started advertising my Encyclopaedia of Tractors and Farm Machinery. At first it was seen as a joke but then suddenly I had an offer that caught my eye. It read simply, "a pair of pink cowboy boots!". That was brilliant. They were definitely bigger and better and they were easy to trade.

So I contacted the woman who offered me the pink cowboy boots and explained my story further. We then agreed to meet this Wednesday to do the trade. This game of mine is actually working!!

However things got better still tonight. After the offer of the cowboy boots another lady posted, "We got an old cooker you're welcome to have? Only one ring works but could trade as scrap metal? :)" A COOKER! A BLOODY COOKER! I don't care if it's broken it's still a cooker. So we have half arranged to swap the cooker for the boots.

And that brings you up to date with the challenge. It has been a very productive evening, I will update this once I have traded the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment